Quite a long time ago now, I picked up the new HGUC Delta Plus from a store in London [as it was one of the only kits they had that I actually liked -_-] and I've been working on it on and off for several months. Mostly due to laziness.
Anyway, this is my first 'transformable' kit, even if it is a parts-swapper, so I figured I'd best give it a varnish after painting. I used Matt Cote, since I didn't want it too shiny.
For colours, I used my old standard Boltgun Metal for all the metallic areas, which I then gave a thin brown wash to dull down the shine and make the metal look older. The nozzle of the gun, business end of the beam saber, and thrusters got a drybrush of dark brown then a lighter drybrush of black for a scorched effect. Some of the raised edges of the coloured areas had 'chips' of Boltgun metal added.
For the main colour scheme, I decided to set it up so that in waverider mode, it would resemble the colours of a famous WWII British fighter, the Spitfire. So I looked on the back of an Airfix kit box for the paints they reccomend using, then just bought a matt enamel tin of each. The top half of the waverider is painted a drab brown, torn-off bits of masking tape stuck all over, then given a coat of drab green and the tape peeled off. The underbelly is an off-white colour that I quite like.
At any rate, I still have a lot of those paints left, so I'm looking at maybe doing the V Project suits in those colours later.